Mission: To support veterans and their families who reside in Manatee, Sarasota, Desoto, Charlotte, Lee, and Collier counties who are confronting life’s challenges.
Operation Military Assistance Program (OMAP) offers case management and financial assistance to very low income veterans and their families who are literally homeless or who are about to become homeless to enable them to obtain or maintain stable, permanent housing.
- Assistance obtaining and/or maintaining permanent housing.
- Integrated case management.
- Assistance obtaining VA benefits and other financial assistance.
- Mentoring and support group services will be developed based on the needs of participants.
- Individuals to be assisted:
- A minimum of one day active duty service is required.
- Any discharge except dishonorable.
- Must be low income and meet income requirements.
- Who can be served?
- Individual veterans.
- Families in which head of household or their spouse is a veteran.
I don’t have to live in different people’s houses; I can live on my own now.”
- OMAP Participant
For more information please contact:
Director of Veterans Services
2688 Fruitville Rd.
Sarasota, FL 34237
3524 N. Tamiami Trail Suite #160J
Port Charlotte, FL 33952