Sarasota, FL (December 21, 2017) – As part of its Season of Sharing program and fund distribution, Community Foundation of Sarasota County recently awarded JFCS of the Suncoast $50,000 to support families in need.
The funds will be allocated to provide emergency need support to local families who have special needs and/or extenuating circumstances require financial support including:
- First month and/or past due rental assistance, mortgage payments or other housing assistance
- Utility payments/deposits
- Emergency help with moving and/or storage
- Child care or summer day care expenses for working families in emergency situations
- Transportation assistance to and from work, car repair and/or medical appointments
- Clothing, such as uniforms, necessary to gain employment
- Required work tools for people with confirmed employment
- Emergency food vouchers
“JFCS is most appreciative of the Community Foundation of Sarasota County grant as part of its Season of Sharing campaign that allows us to respond and provide financial support in a timely manner to families in emergency situations and help them continue to lead productive lives,” said Heidi Brown, CEO of JFCS.
For information about the JFCS and its programs and services, visit www.jfcs-cares.org or call 941.366.2224.
Founded in 1985, JFCS is a fully accredited, community-based social service, non-profit organization serving Sarasota, Manatee, Charlotte, Collier, Lee and DeSoto counties in Florida, with the goal of empowering people to lead healthy, happy and sustainable lives. JFCS serves more than 25,000 individuals each year through counseling, prevention, intervention, outreach, case management, basic life necessities, financial aid and life skills education programs on a secular, non-denominational basis. Its seven key focal areas include youth, seniors, cancer support, Jewish healing, counseling, veterans and families. For more information, visit www.jfcs-cares.org or call 941.366.2224.
Holly Johnson, Imagica
941.350.9615 | email@example.com
# # #